Mopiri Camp, beauty enhanced in the Okavango Delta!
Seven spacious en-suite tents at Mopiri Camp are set on the banks of Weboro Lagoon offering panoramic views. Long winding board walks between the main area and the tents offer guests privacy and the opportunity to stretch their legs and explore the island. The tents are light and airy and have seperate bathrooms with large rain showers, twin sinks and WC. The bathrooms are adjoined to the rooms by a short corridor making the most of the view over the lagoon.
The Main Camp
Seven spacious en-suite tents are set on the banks of Weboro Lagoon offering panoramic views. Long winding board walks between the main area and the tents offer guests privacy and the opportunity to stretch their legs and explore the island. The tents are light and airy and have seperate bathrooms with large rain showers, twin sinks and WC. The bathrooms are adjoined to the rooms by a short corridor making the most of the view over the lagoon.
The main area has a large dining room, with a separate lounge area. There is a substantial deck overlooking the lagoon with hidden seating areas and a fire pit, perfect for stargazing. The swimming pool is positioned with views over the flood plain. The boma, in the middle of the island, is where traditional evenings are held and guests can enjoy the sounds of the Mopiri choir and taste local cuisine. Meals are served in a variety of al fresco locations around the islands and camp. With one of the owners being a renowned chef, Mopiri offers guests a unique dining experience, with the option of local delicacies when available.
The Fly Camp
From Mopiri guests will have the opportunity to explore deep into the Okavango Delta and experience camping out at one of our fly camps. Days can be spent walking and boating from island to island with our team of experienced guides and polers.
After a long day walking, guests will arrive at camp and enjoy a 3 course meal around a roaring camp fire. We highly recommend this as it gives you the opportunity to incorporate all activities such as mokoro trips, bush walks, boat trips, fishing and village trips.
Facilities & Services
- Outdoor pool.
- Free Parking.
- Safety deposit box
Special diet menus are available(on request).
- No pets allowed.
- No internet access available.
- Room service.
- Packed lunches.
- Daily maid service.
- Gift shop.
- Short mokoro trips around the surrounding islands of camp (ideal for guests that arrive late in camp or want a short relaxing activity).
- Bush Walks (there are a number of islands close to camp which are ideal for short walks).
- Fishing Trips (Bream, Tiger Fish, African Pike, Barbel). Keen fisherman are advised to bring their own kit, however basic gear will be available at the camp.
- Day Boat Trips to the islands with a bush walk and mokoro trip. (Meals can be set up on the islands so that guests can leave camp early in the morning and return just before dark).
- Overnight Trips to private fly camps (incorporating boat trips, bush walks, Mokoro trips, cultural tours and fishing).
- Bird walks by The Wild Bird Trust and the chance to discuss their research.
- Trans-Okavango Trips from Mopiri to Maun (on request and seasonal).
- Sundowners and private dinners can be enjoyed aboard the double storey barge under the African night sky.
Mopiri Camp Reviews
“Having heard so much about Mopiri Camp, as a Maun local, and as someone who works in the industry, I had to check it out for myself. My partner Charlotte and I have just returned from a 3 day/night weekend there, and we were blown away by everything; location, views, rooms, staff, food, activities, style, ambience, you name it.” – GoldenRob
“Prior to leaving I noticed that to date all tripadvisor ratings for Mopiri Camp are excellent. I was feeling unusually pessimistic and half expected to be the first to write of an average experience. Fortunately this was not the case. Mopiri Camp deserves all the excellent ratings it has received so far.” – TimmoBots
“The design of the lodge is stunning! Rooms are beautifully decorated, and with a view over the lagoon. Staff goes out of their way, with a big smile on their faces, to give you that special experience. The food is FANTASTIC!” – CaraKuipers