Set your mind free and relax in the open and tranquil spaces of Kwando Safaris Lagoon Camp!
Lagoon Camp is perched on the banks of the wild Kwando River, overlooking the Mudumu National Park in the Namibian Caprivi Strip. Lagoon Camp is nestled beneath towering ebony and marula trees and accommodates up to 16 guests in eight traditionally styled ‘tents.’ The heavily forested site is home to a wide variety of birds and mammals, while elephant and hippo are normally visible from Camp. The stunning views and close proximity of wildlife all contribute to the pervading sense of calm at Lagoon.
Lagoon Camp is perched on the banks of the wild Kwando River, overlooking the Mudumu National Park in the Namibian Caprivi Strip. The camp is nestled beneath towering ebony and marula trees and accommodates up to 16 guests in eight traditionally styled ‘tents.’ The heavily forested site is home to a wide variety of birds and mammals, while elephant and hippo are normally visible from the camp. The stunning views and close proximity of wildlife all contribute to the pervading sense of calm at Lagoon.
Six Meru-style tents are spaciously set out under ebony and marula trees on the banks of the Kwando Lagoon. Each tent comprises a bedroom furnished in Rhodesian teak with a reed-enclosed en-suite bathroom that features double basins, a flush toilet, and an outdoor shower.
Kwando Lagoon Camp is a tented safari camp located in the Kwando Concession, Botswana’s largest private wildlife reserve. Featuring only 8 traditionally-styled tents overlooking the waterway, Kwando Lagoon provides an intimate stay and personalised service.
Activities include game drives in open game viewing vehicles (the afternoon drive incorporates a night drive), boating on the river and walking with a professional guide. Guests here can enjoy the benefits of exclusive access to a remote wilderness where lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard, cheetah, wild dog and sable are regularly sighted and bird life is abundant.
The central, thatched recreational area comprises a lounge, bar and dining area where you can relax between game drives. Escape the heat of the afternoon with a refreshing dip in the swimming pool. Mealtimes at Kwando Lagoon are scheduled to suit your safari outings and are enjoyed in the communal dining area. Enjoy a light breakfast before your morning activity, and return to camp for a hearty brunch. High tea is served in the afternoon, and in the evening, you can dine on a lavish 3-course meal.
- Boat excursions.
- Game drives.
- Guided walks.
- Mokoro trails.
- Night drives.
- Nature drives.
- Walking safaris.
- Private game-drive vehicles on offer.
- Bird watching.
More About Kwando Safaris
What makes Kwando Safaris unique?
- 100% citizen owned.
- 97% of all Kwando staff are Botswana citizens.
- We pride ourselves on the personal attention from committed staff and in providing our guests an all-encompassing safari experience. An African safari is not just about the wildlife and décor in your camp, but equally about our people and culture.
- Kwando Safaris offers a true Botswana safari!
The Kwando wildlife experience
- The essence of Kwando guiding is to provide the ultimate game viewing experience and holistic understanding of Botswana’s wildlife and habitats.
- Exclusive concession areas offering some of the most consistent high quality game viewing in the country.
- Each of our spectacular camps are set in unique and diverse wildlife destinations.
- Kwando Safaris was voted runners up for ‘The Good Safari Guide’s’ ‘Best Guiding Team in Africa’ in 2008.
- In private concession areas (four of our camps) guides can move off road and drive at night.
- A unique guide and tracker system – a Kwando Safaris’ forte, providing guests the benefit of two sets of searching eyes that miss nothing as you traverse the wilderness of northern Botswana! The guide is also able to concentrate on imparting to you interesting information and bush folklore while the skilled tracker guides you through the undergrowth and across the open plains.
- Game drive times are entirely flexible – also a well-known characteristic of Kwando Safaris. Guests have come to Botswana to explore our wilderness areas and not to sit in camp! We believe that game activities and sightings should dictate the times of meals and not the other way round! Should you wish to spend more time at a beautiful spot or awesome sighting, then meals will be kept hot or even brought to you, to ensure that your time is best spent – out having an adventure of a lifetime!
- Environmental best practices throughout all areas of operation – Kwando Safaris is pioneering the use of renewable energy within the Botswana safari industry and expanding wholesale use of renewable energy generation and sewerage treatment in all of our camps. Due to this investment in our wildlife areas, our guests know that they are leaving only their footprints in the dust.
Lagoon Camp Reviews
“Superb staff, excellent and entertaining guides. This camp has a lovely riverside setting and luxurious rooms with huge amounts of space. It’s a very remote setting so electricity is very limited but they do have charging facilities. Food quality was very good. Hippos on your doorstep all the time.” – Paul M
“We loved this camp, it was remodeled about 4 years ago. The rooms were so spacious it felt more like staying in a cabin rather than a tent. Nice hardwood floors, double basin sinks and claw- footed bathtub. Views overlooking the river with hippos, elephants, giraffes, and baboons outside your door.” – Sharla T
“Game drives are really dependent on just what animals are out. Our tracker and driver were very adept at finding the tracks and patiently tracking. We went off road several times to find the leopard, lions, and hyena. A thrilling experience, not for the faint of heart. Our driver and tracker even spotted a chameleon during our after dark drive- pretty amazing!” – QBMB